#21 Stringing up the Ceiling & Cutting Ceiling Ply

Today we came up with a solution to our bulky ceiling insulation problem and measured and cut out our ceiling ply panels, ready to be covered in material and secured in place. Stringing up the ceiling Since we redid it, the ceiling insulation had stayed up no problem, however as the recycled plastic wool had…

#17 Foot Plates!

During the process of the floor, we were trying to think of the best way we could finish the visible edges by the doors that would look as tidy as possible. We brainstormed lots of ideas and were willing to just pick one to try, when Callum found something on one of the camper forums…

#16 Wall Trimming & Final Floor Prep

We spent the day doing the final preparation on the ply we had previously cut out for the floor and started the re-sizing of the wall ply ready to be carpeted and screwed in place. Our day began at the timber merchants again, this time to get the 3mm ply for our ceiling – we…

#15 Re-foiling, Removing Factory Fitted Lights and Wall Trimming

The day consisted of redoing a job, finishing said job, removing the factory fitted door lights and making sure our ply walls fit perfectly with all the new layers of insulation and ply we have added! Re-Foiling We had to retrace our steps as the ceiling foil we had put in place the previous week…

#12 Extra Battens, a Gold Floor and Seatbelt Tensioner Upgrade

We used this day to get the floor fully prepared for the new ply to go down as well as altering some wiring around the swivel plate to make it a lot more user friendly. Extra Battens With the van walls fully foiled, creating a decent vapour barrier, we decided to move on to the…

#11 Finishing the Wall Battens and Foil Insulation

After the set back of the wall battens the previous week and having to leave that particular job unfinished, it was the first thing we got to today. Wall Battens – attempt no. 2 Now knowing the old technique wouldn’t work we proceeded to drill pilot holes in the double layer metal, it was difficult…